B efore the Francis V. Kloecker Funeral Home began, the Kloecker family leased out the building to Liebel Funeral Home. then bought the business himself in 1933. Five years after the purchase, he completely remodeled the building. He advertised in the Lake Shore Visitor-Register with this message; "Keeping Step With Progress Is Our Constant Aim." He continued with this theme when he built an addition in 1950, joining the house and the old building, creating more parlors, a casket selection room, and a lounge area. In 1962, he expanded the back of the funeral home and made a second entrance as well as a brand new parking lot. He was dedicated to keeping up to date with new technology, and making his business an ever growing company.
Mr. Kloecker was not only dedicated to his business, but he was heavily involved with the Erie Community and a life long member of St. Joseph Parish. He graduated from St. Joseph Grade School and was a member of the class of 1926 of Cathedral Preparatory School. He recieved his Funeral Director's license in 1931 after graduating from the Eckels College of Mortuary Science in Philadelphia. Me. Kloecker was granted a rare honor as one of the first men in the Diocese of Erie to be chosen an Extraordinary Minister of the Holy Eucharist, an honor bestowed upon him by Bishop Alfred M. Watson and Rev. Samuel J. Hoput, Pastor of St. Joseph Parish at the time. Throughout his life, he was an avid worker for St. Joseph Parish, the Men's Society and was a trustee for many years. Mr. Kloecker has been a diligent supporter of Cathedral Prep since its founding, and held several offices in the Prep Moms and Dads, as well as being one of the founders of the old Prep St. Patricks Day boxing shows. He recieved the First Alumni Association Award ever presented in 1978. He was one of the oldest members in tenure of the Erie County Funeral Directors Association, he held all of the various chairs over time, and was a member of the Pennsylvania and National Associations as well. Over his lifetime, he belonged to the Erie Maennerchor, East Erie Turners, the Zukors, Sacred Heart Ushers, the Knights of St. John, and other social clubs